How to uninstall VirtualBox from Mac
How to uninstall VirtualBox from Mac
No time to read? Quick solution
The quickest way to completely uninstall apps from Mac
Use App Cleaner & Uninstaller to remove applications from Mac entirely.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller
VirtualBox is a software that allows you to run virtual machines on a computer without uninstalling the current operating system (OS). That comes in really handy. However, virtual machines take up a lot of disk space and memory. If you need to uninstall VirtualBox from your Mac, for example, you face some issues and want to reinstall it, or you just want to free up space on your Mac, this article is here to help you. You will learn how to remove VirtualBox from your Mac completely.
Important notes about uninstalling VirtualBox from Mac
- Uninstalling VirtualBox is not as easy as you may think. You have to understand the difference between just removing the application into the Trash and uninstalling it entirely with all of its support files.
- The VirtualBox official website does not provide any removal guide on its help page. That’s why we decided to prepare a step-by-step guide on how to remove the software from Mac correctly. We are experts in all questions regarding cleaning a Mac from junk files, including the remaining files of already removed applications.
- We used App Cleaner & Uninstaller and Funter from Nektony to find VirtualBox’s support files.
- We will provide two methods on how to delete VirtualBox from Mac – the manual and automatic ways. It’s up to you which way to use. If you have any questions, you can directly contact Nektony’s support team. We will be happy to help you with correct uninstalling unneeded applications from your Mac.
Part 1. Uninstall VirtualBox from Mac Using Terminal
You can implement how to uninstall VirtualBox on Mac using Terminal. Oracle Corporation has so far been presently developing VirtualBox, another freeware, open-source virtualization application targeting x86 systems. Whenever operating, a virtual Machine might consume a significant amount of storage capacity as well as RAM.
Since you are dissatisfied with VirtualBox’s reliability as well as choose to uninstall that with other circumstances, the following tutorial may be useful. VirtualBox includes an uninstalling utility with such a command prompt into Terminal through standard. Figure out where to look for it and how it is used to properly uninstall VirtualBox. Follow on the step-by-step below:
- You must first head into your Dock and from there you must right-click onto the application’s symbol icon and afterward choose the option “Выход”. Also, you could make use also the Mac Activity Monitor, here you just solely open the Activity Monitor, then after which you must now choose the process under the name into the list of applications, upon that press on the symbol “X”, then press on the option “Quit” from the popup window. Whenever the application failed into quitting, you must try then the option “Завершить” right there into the Activity Monitor.
- Thereafter, when it was finally done, you could now proceed on the standard uninstallation.
- So, after which you have quit the app, you must do now was to look then launch on the VirtualBox installation files. This is generally stored in the download directory on your Mac. Once you couldn’t locate or perhaps you have deleted these installation files you could now download this once more into the VirtualBox main webpage.
- Upon obtaining the file you must now click on it “инструмент».
- From that, this would then launch the Terminal application as well it would indeed operate on the command into doing the uninstall VirtualBox.
- Afterward, if ever this would then ask for verifications, you must only input on “Yes” then after that hit on the key “Enter”.
- And whenever this once more asks for additional of VirtualBox’s ads-on, you must just do the same from the previous step, enter on “Yes” for the confirmation.
- Whereupon, unless required, provide your Mac’s username as well as the password for the uninstallation process to be successfully completed.
So, that’s how to uninstall VirtualBox on Mac using Terminal. You can see that it is very easy to implement, right?
Is There A Shortcut to Remove VirtualBox? Sure!
Some users complain that they cannot get rid of VirtualBox by regular methods. That may happens as different users have different issues, depending on the system and how they perform the removal. Luckily we have found a powerful, reputable uninstall tool that works for (at least) most apps running on the modern versions of system.
Featured with an intuitive interface and powerful engine, Osx Uninstaller functions as a reliable and handy tool designed for all-level users to uninstall any unwanted, problematic, stubborn and malicious apps without hassle. We have tested his tool and the result shows it can remove all VirtualBox components within a few clicks.
Now let’s take a quick look at how it works to fully delete VirtualBox on Mac.
Here are the simple steps for using Osx Uninstaller to remove VirtualBox.
- Step 1. Download Osx Uninstaller and install itto the Application folder.
- Step 2. Launch Osx Uninstaller, select Microsoft OneNote and click Run Analysis.
- Step 3. Review related files and folders, click Complete Uninstall button, and click Yes in the pop-up dialog to fully remove all components of VirtualBox.
- Step 4. Click on Back to Interface button to re-scan currently installed apps.
As you can see, VirtualBox have gone from the interface, which means you have entirely got rid of this app. The thorough removal completes in the few blinks of time.
In this guide we list several solutions to uninstall VirtualBox . Is any of them helps solve your uninstall issue? Which one do you prefer to use to delete unwanted app?
Anytime you have questions in uninstalling apps, don’t hesitate to contact us for help.